Sunday, March 29, 2009

America Submits to Communism Without a Fight


When I heard about Mr. Rick Wagoner being forced to step down as CEO of GM... by the White House, I felt a moment of panic and nausea. Our government is now deciding who heads private companies in America? Um...What?!

A liberal friend of mine took the opportunity to calmly remind me that that is the price GM has to pay for taking the government's bailout money. "That's not the government's bailout money," was my response, "That's the TAX PAYERS' bailout money. Do we get to help choose the new CEO?" My friend chuckled, answering (as if explaining to a small child) that we are a representative democracy and that we passed that power on to our chosen leader in November. (Yeah. Right. Because that's the exact same rationale my liberal friend adopted when Bush was president.)

Needless to say, the pep talk didn't help my nausea. I mean, heck. I'm still paying off my federal student loan. Does this mean, because I took a handout from the government, that Obama gets to, say, take my firstborn child? Will he pick out what type of car I drive in the future, or what brand of pickles I'm allowed to buy to go with my government-issued bratwurst?!

How did this happen? How did we get to a point where we are allowing our government to pick and choose our country's CEOs? Is Michael Moore documenting this? Where is our exposé by Bob Schieffer? Is SNL bringing Tina Fey back to play an American in the year 2011, wearing a kerchief around her hair and writing a tear-stained letter to family that live on the other side of the wall?!

There are 13 million occurrences of "Bush" attached to "fascist" on the internet. Where are the millions that attach "Obama" to "Marxist"? As if the ubiquitous Mao Zedong-esque Obama ("Hope") portraits aren't enough to send shivers down America's spines, we have the American Heritage Dictionary's reminding us that Communism is: "A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people." Next to the entry is a little postage-size picture of Obama...

So, where is the front-page panic? Where is the media outrage? Where are the protests in the streets, covered by reporters and camera crews?

Media, I'm not giving you a TIME OUT today. I'm not feeling well - must be a stomach flu.
I'm calling in sick today, Media. Be good for the substitute...

No comments:

Post a Comment